Udaipur Sightseeing Tour
Udaipur is a must-see stop on every Rajasthan vacation plan. One of India's most famous tourist sites is located at the foot of the Aravali mountain range. Udaipur is famous for its Rajput-era palaces, culture, and gorgeous settings. Noor India Holidays' Udaipur sightseeing trip allows you to explore India's most romantic place
We provide a well-planned itinerary; take advantage of our well-planned Udaipur sightseeing tour package that includes all of the city's major attractions and landmarks, such as the fort, palace, lakes, museums, gardens, natural areas, and so on, along with good accommodations, transfers, and a local guide.
One of the oldest towns in Rajasthan, it is known as "the Venice of India" because of its rich cultural history and beautiful old buildings. Tourists of all stripes, from newlyweds to solo or family travellers, flock to this charming city for its ambience. Noor India Holidays to plan an unforgettable vacation to Udaipur. We offer you a wide variety of customizable sightseeing Udaipur tour packages to meet your personal interests and schedule.
If you're travelling to Udaipur with kids, other adults, or a loved one, this package is for you. Our Udaipur vacation packages range in length from a single day of sightseeing to a full week of travel around Rajasthan. We provide customized tours of Udaipur so that you and your loved ones may have unforgettable experiences here. You can also contact us by phone or email to book the best Udaipur Sightseeing Tour with Noor India Holidays.
Udaipur Sightseeing Tour often known as the "City of Lake," is considered as one of the best sightseeing destinations of India. It has an ethereal beauty that attracts thousands of tourists from around the world. One of Rajasthan's last royal provinces was Udaipur. The city has established itself as one of the most attractive locations and has earned the nickname "The City of Dawn" as a result of the picturesque sunset with the Aravalli Mountain Range and more than five dazzling lakes surrounding Udaipur. Most of the Udaipur Sightseeing tours include visits to the different kaleidoscopic fairy-tale marble palaces, beautiful gardens, beautiful lakes and narrow lanes of the old city that still bring back the spirit of the heroic past of Mewar, exemplifying chivalry and bravery.
History of Udaipur
In the year of 1553, Maharaja of Mewar, Maharana Udai Singh belonging to the Sisodia clan of Rajput chose Udaipur to be his new capital city following Akbar's siege in Chittorgarh. This royal city has been Mewar’s capital for many centuries till 1818 when it became a princely state of Britain. The legendary King Maharana Pratap known for his heroic win against Akbar in the battle of Haldighati (1576) was born in Udaipur. A fascinating legend is associated with the city's foundation. Once, Maharana Udai Singh, was out hunting when he met a meditating holy man on a cliff near Pichola Lake. Upon blessing Maharana, he suggested that he construct a palace in the fertile valley. Following his advice, Maharana in 1559 AD founded the city. To remember the location, a small temple was built by him called Dhuni Mata which presently is the oldest portion of City Palace.
Best time to visit Udaipur for Sightseeing
Even though Udaipur is located in Rajasthan-the desert state of India. The city does not have a harsh desert environment, instead it enjoys a semi-arid subtropical steppe climate. With the maximum temperature reaching up to 45 °C or a bit higher, Udaipur’s daily average temperature is about 30 °C. December mark’s winter season and lasts till February. Minimum temperature in winter during night falls dramatically to 5°C, but afternoons are quite warm with an average temperature of 25°C making it best for sightseeing in Udaipur. Udaipur’s monsoon starts from July and lasts till September. Monsoon is best for sightseeing and exploring the beauty of the city for the one who loves rain.
Most visited Place during Udaipur Sightseeing tour
1. City Palace Udaipur: Located in the back of Pichola Lake, Udaipur City Palace is one of the most visited places in the city. The architectural marvel is considered as a historic landmark as many kings have lived here and administered their kingdom.
2. Sri EklingJi Temple: Constructed in 734 AD by Bappa Rawal, Sri EklingJi Temple is a famous hand chiseled Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva made of Marble and sandstone.
3. Sajjanghar Monsoon Palace: One of the most interesting sightseeing locations in Udaipur is this 19th century built palatial palace located on a hilltop of Bansdara hills.
4. Fatehsagar Lake: This is an artificial lake built in 1678 is one of the key locations within the city that every tourist must visit. Named after Maharana Fateh Singh is a well-maintained clean lake that is also popular for speed boating and camel riding.
5. Sahelio Ki Badi: It is one the most popular tourist places in the city, Sahelio Ki Bad is an astonishing garden built by Maharana Sangram Singh II specially for royal ladies.
How to reach Udaipur from Delhi:
Being just 670 kms from Delhi, tourists prefer to take a Delhi to Udaipur tour package covering various tourist destinations altogether at once best for weekend getaways and extended holiday.
Flight: Udaipur has its own Airport, so tourists can schedule a flight from Delhi to reach Udaipur. The overall traveling time between the two cities is 1.30 Hrs. costing over INR 2000 per ticket.
Road: Udaipur is well connected to other parts of the country with well-constructed highways. There are 2 important route connecting Delhi to Udaipur:
1. Delhi to Udaipur via NH 48 & NH 58
2. Delhi to Udaipur via NH 48 & NH 52
Train: For affordable travel tourists can opt to travel by train. There are 5 trains connecting Delhi to Udaipur directly and the entire Journey takes around 12 Hrs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What’s the best way to travel from Delhi to Udaipur?
The fastest mode to travel from Delhi to Udaipur is by a flight. However, good train network between the cities help tourists to reach their destination comfortably. Udaipur also has good roadway connectivity from Delhi and the best way to experience a destination is to take an experiential journey through a road trip. Delhi to Udaipur sharing taxis or cab along with roadways buses are also a good option to reach Udaipur for sightseeing.
2.How much does the Delhi to Udaipur trip cost?
The minimum cost of an Udaipur from New Delhi is available with and without Flights. The prices start from INR 8000.
3.What are the famous tourist Places between Delhi and Udaipur?
- While on a road trip from New Delhi to Udaipur (674Km), tourists come along some of the most famous tourist destinations on the way including Jaipur, Pushkar, Ajmer, and Chittorgarh.
- If traveled via NH 48 & NH 52 popular sights encountered along the route are: Pataudi Palace, Neemrana Fort Palace, Jal Mahal (Jaipur), Amber Palace, Jal Mahal (Jaipur), Kyara Ke Balaji (Bhilwara).
- If the other route via NH 48 and NH 58 is taken to travel to reach Udaipur from Delhi then tourists will come across sites like Pataudi Palace, Neemrana Fort Palace, Amber Palace (Jaipur), Kishangarh Fort and Ajmer Fort.
4.How many days are required in a Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur tour package?
A total of 4-5 days is required to beautifully cover all sightseeing locations of majestic Udaipur and Jaipur while in a Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur tour package.
5.What will be the Delhi to Udaipur taxi fare?
A one-way private taxi from Delhi to Udaipur starts from INR 8000. However, there may be differences in the charges base of service provider and car selection.
6.What is the best time to plan an Udaipur Sightseeing tour?
Best time for Udaipur for Sightseeing is between September to February.
7.How many days are required for planning a Udaipur Sightseeing Tour?
Two days is more than enough time to let the splendour of Udaipur encircle you and take your breath away. Once you are there, check out these recommendations for where to stay, dine, and sightsee. Discover and Book the best Udaipur sightseeing tour at NoorIndiaHolidays.in
8.What are the best places to visit during Udaipur Sightseeing Tour?
- Lake Palace museum
- Lake Pichola
- Fatehsagar lake
- Jagmandir Island Palace
- Bagore ki Haveli
- Sajjangarh Fort/ Monsoon Palace
- Sahelion Ki Bari
- Haldighati Museum
- Eklingji Temple
- Doodh Talai Musical Garden
- Jaisamand Lake
9.Where to get the best Udaipur sightseeing Tour Package?
Book your Udaipur sightseeing Tour package at an affordable cost with Noor India Holidays. Our well-planned itinerary basking in Udaipur's architectural glory of palaces, traditional art and dance, and scenic lake sights makes your trip memorable. Discover and book our best Udaipur sightseeing Tour Package.
10.What are the 5 best things to do in Udaipur?
Udaipur has a lot to offer its tourists, some of them are:
- Ropeway to Karni Mata Temple
- Speed Boating in Fatehsager
- The biological park of SajjanGarh
- Lakeside cafe hopping
- City Palace Tour