Major Attractions of the Jodhpur Sightseeing Tour
Jodhpur Sightseeing Tour:
1. Mehrangarh Fort: Built in the year 1459 by Rao Jodha, the Mehrangarh fort is one of the most formidable and stunning forts in India that is renowned for its exquisite architecture.
2. Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum: It is a 347-roomed palace built between 1928-1943. It is one of the heritage hotels along with being the largest residence.
3. Mandore Garden: Located just 9 km from Jodhpur city, Mandore Garden is a heritage spot housing various statues and artifacts of bygone eras along with a temple dedicated to 33 crore Hindu gods.
4. Jaswant Thada: Jaswant Thada also known as the Taj Mahal of Mewar is a famous white marble mausoleum that was built by Maharaja Sadar Singh in 1899 to honour his father Maharaja Jaswant Singh II.
5. Ranisar Lake: A picture-perfect lake located 5 km from the main city near Mehrangarh Fort. Built for water preservation on orders by Queen Jasmine Had, wife to Maharaja Rao Jodha is a pure blessing to the deserted city.
The best time to Plan a Jodhpur Sightseeing tour
How to reach Jodhpur:
Jodhpur is one of the most frequently visited tourist destinations in India. The city is well-connected to other parts of the country via road, flights and train. Jodhpur Civil Airport has flights from major cities like Mumbai and Delhi. The distance between Jodhpur Airport and the main city is just 3Km. Local taxis can be hired to travel within the city. Traveling from Delhi to Jodhpur by train is the most affordable and cheapest option. Train tickets can be booked online on different websites, tourists can also choose to include or exclude their train tickets while creating their Delhi to Jodhpur tour package. Tourists can efficiently cover the Jodhpur to Delhi journey by taking a train. Approximately 11hrs are required to reach the destination. From the station, tourists can either opt for Jodhpur Sightseeing by bus or Jodhpur Sightseeing by private taxis at their convenience.
Jodhpur’s roads are well-connected to every other major city nearby. Its proximity to Jaipur and Delhi encourages travelers to embark on a road trip. Distance between Jaipur and Jodhpur can be covered in less than 6 Hrs road trip that makes Delhi-Jaipur-Jodhpur an ideal option for a tour package. On a road trip from Delhi to Jodhpur, many tourist Places like Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Ajmer, Udaipur, and Bikaner can be covered on the way.